Thursday, January 31, 2008

Malaysia Cup Days


When I was watching the higlight of a match between Singapore v Kedah on Youtube, it invoke many wonderful memories during the Malaysia Cup days. Those days, the National Stadium will be full during Saturday.


I would bring my then girlfriend(my wifey) to watch the game with my Dad and sister. We often "chop" seat for Dad's friend. Whenever Singapore scored, the Kallang Roar will appeared and we could feel the stand shaking. It was fun! The sound of "Drinks, Koropo, KopiOh still ring around my ears.

I also used to travel across the Causeway just to catch the Lions in action. From Sarawak to Malacca to Johor to Negri Sembilian and to Kuala Lumpur. It's just simply enjoyable.

The experience at the Shah Alam Stadium in 1994 was the moment which I will never ever forget in my life. Singapore beat Pahang 4-0 to win the Cup. Abbas Saad scored a hatrick. It was like home ground for the Lions as there were about 30,000 fans from Singapore and only about 10,000 fans from Pahang. Sadly, that was the last Malaysia Cup Singapore took part.
I really miss those days....

2 comments:

SportsChatz said...

Wow...Ling is such a good girlfren(wife) as she accompanied u & ur dad for the soccer match. Fandi Ahmad was great too.

Something About Us said...

She has no choice..haha. i dragged her there but she enjoyed herself when the Lions scored.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs