Friday, May 2, 2008

Champion League 2007-2008 - Liverpool's Moscow dream over

Pictures tell a thousand words. Frank Lampard's joy and Riise's agony. These two contrasting mood showed that Chelsea has finally avenged for their two losses to Liverpool in the Champion League semi-final.


In the end, it was Riise's own goal in the 1st leg proved decisive. Liverpool would have march to meet Man Utd had not been Riise's own goal. Torres cancelled out Chelsea's away goal advantage to make it 1-1. However, Liverpool fell apart in during extra time to concede two goals.


Though Liverpool achieved what they could not achieve for the past 3 years - that is to score at Stamford Bridge, they ended up the losers. While Avram Grant achieved what Jose Mourhino could not achieved -that was to beat Liverpool in the semi-final of the Champion League.


Liverpool were the much better side of the two legs. They controlled the 1st leg and could not score 2 more only to be denied by Cech. Last night, it was Cech who came to Chelsea's rescue again to deny Liverpool two certain goals.


Liverpool can only look back to the 1st leg for that last minute own goal. Many people will point fingers at Riise for the elimination. I was very furious with Riise. However, people make mistake. I score an own goal in a friendly match during my secondary days. It was very similar to how Riise score the own goal. The ball was whipped in from my right, I do not how and why, I miskicked the ball and the ball flew past my goalkeeper.


Yes, I admit I'm feeling painful about the defeat. I believe Liverpool will come back stronger and fitter for the next season. I hope they will give Man Utd and Chelsea a better fight. Bring on Chelsea in next year Champion League Final. We will beat you 1,2,3.


Liverpool, Walk On..Walk On...with your heads up high.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs